Monday, October 24, 2011

Fakebook Fun

A third grade teacher and I are going to try Fakebook with the kids this week using the main character from Because of Winn Dixie. In preparation, I thought I should give it a whirl for myself. It is a lot of fun and looks a lot like the real thing. You create your own friends though and make up the comments from them, but kids will respond to becoming the literary character or historical figure and I can see using this quite a bit. It is also a good way to teach them some of the online safety issues without using the real thing. Here is  one I made as an example (you can also see it below) using Barack Obama in about 20 minutes, some of that time being figuring out what to do, so the real thing once you have the hang of it will probably go faster. Of course kids will take as long as you give them playing with it, but if they are playing on task, that is the point!

View Fullscreen

Create your own

No comments:

Post a Comment