Friday, February 17, 2012

Digital Bloom's Taxonomy

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Author: Samantha Penney

I was looking through my Twitter stream this morning and came across a tweet from Jennifer LaGarde about a digital Bloom's Taxonomy. (Edited to add - this site seems to no longer exist but it is where I got the graphic originally.) I am always looking for new tools and ways to build critical thinking so I checked it out. I love this as a way to show teachers that all technology doesn't mean critical thinking, but it can help at any stage of the game. I also love access to new ideas for myself! If you go to the original image you can click the logos to go to the sites.

I wanted to share since I know in our district we have some Essential Standards training coming up next week and some of you might have the same in the near future. You may see some posts on some of the tools in the coming months...

What tools do you love and which part of the pyramid would you add them to? Please leave a comment below and tell me, but you can also see a wiki on the topic here. I can't wait to see what else we can all come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Seems like the original graphic is no longer to be found at the web address. This is a great graphic that helps me think about all the different ways to use different web 2.0 tools for student success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I added an update above for others. Hopefully it is still helpful and I am glad I posted about it to remember for myself also!

      Delete