Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Twitter in the media center

Twitter is a forum that I long avoided, unsure of why anyone would care what I was doing or thinking just that second. Recently, I learned the power of Twitter in education if you use it in the right way. By following other educators and leaders in library and technology arenas, I have found many new sources, blog posts, news items, and more that I would not have otherwise stumbled onto. (By the way, if you want to follow me, I am nclibrarygal.)
icontexto webdev social bookmark 100+ Remarkably Beautiful Twitter Icons And Buttons
Source
I came across a news article today (via Twitter of course) about a first grade class using Twitter in the classroom to communicate with parents. It is making me think about ways to use it to communicate with different communities such as parents, volunteers, and so forth.

How do you use Twitter as an educator or as a parent would you be interested in seeing Twitter updates?

No comments:

Post a Comment