Thursday, May 10, 2012

Meet Me at the Corner

Meet Me At The Corner is a wonderful resource I just came across yesterday. I came across it looking for student book reviews as examples for a class I have making book trailers, and they have a great section of these in their Big Apple Book Club, along with some short videos on creating podcasts. If kids submit a book review that they use on the site (there is a video explaining what to do), they earn a $25 Amazon gift card also! I showed an example review from the site of From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and the copy I had was checked out immediately and about five more kids put it on hold! I already think I may show each class a review of a book I have in our collection to get kids interested in books they might not usually pick up.

Back on the main page are links with videos of interviews with different people in various careers (such as park rangers, perfume makers, animal behaviorists, a cowboy, a fashion designer, and a Tuskegee Airmen), informational videos for kids about everything from ferrets to pop up books to harpsichord music! This is definitely a source I will be spending some more time digging through to see what else I can find!

What do you like best about Meet Me At The Corner?

No comments:

Post a Comment