Friday, September 28, 2012

Learn NC Does It Again!

Learn NC is a fantastic and probably underutilized resource! There are so many things there you could not even list them all - lesson plans, online professional development, new teacher support, field trip suggestions, and so much more. I recently found where they have take Common Core and NC Essential Standards and added lesson plan links. While I have not looked at other areas much yet, I have spent a little time on the Information and Technology Essential Standards. It is such a great way to get ideas! I have not seen any that I will do just as they are written yet, but it has given me several springboards to ideas that I will tweak to use with my classes. I have also found a lot of resources I didn't know about through the lesson plans.

Check it out and add a comment of your favorite lessons or resources you find!

2 comments:

  1. Curious to know when LEARNNC did this...I remember this as a resource for the standard course of study, but had no idea it had been done for the essential standards as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure when they did - I came across it reviewing the site in September. Hope it helps you! They are usually a wonderful resource. They had a wonderful blog for a while, they stopped a year or two ago, but you can still view the blog. Some of the resources may have changed some however. The address is http://blogs.learnnc.org/instructify/ Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

      Delete